1 the act of revising or altering (involving reconsideration and modification); "it would require a drastic revision of his opinion" [syn: alteration]
- Rhymes: -ɪʒən
- The act of revising.
- A changed edition, or new version; a modification.
- A story corrected or
expanded by an author
commissioned by the
- a revision story
- The looking back over of one's (previously learnt or written)
notes in preparation for a test or examination.
- All that last minute revision really payed off in the exam! I got top marks!
The term revision means to revise and may also refer to:
- Constitutional revision
- Version, a production of which could be called a revision
- A British English term for preparation for exams
- Revision control
- Revision tag
- Belief revision
- ReVision, a peer-reviewed interdisciplinary journal
- ReVisions, a 2004 anthology of alternate history short stories
- Revision3, a San Francisco based Internet television network
- Revision (Boxcar album) a remix music album by synthpop group Boxcar
- Revisions (Stargate SG-1), an episode of the Stargate SG-1 sci-fi television series
- The Endless Revisions, a 1996 Dutch electronic music group
- Final Articles Revision Convention
revision in Danish: Revision
revision in German: Revision
amendment, copy, correction, duplication, editing, edition, emendation, imitation, improvement, modification, overhaul, overhauling, palingenesis, re-creation, re-examination, re-formation, reappraisal, reassessment, rebirth, rebuilding, recension, recheck, reconsideration, reconstitution, reconstruction, rectification, redaction, redesign, redoing, redraft, reedition, reestablishment, refashioning, regeneration, regenesis, reinquiry, reinstitution, reissue, remaking, renascence, rendition, renovation, reorganization, repetition, reprinting, reproduction, rescript, rescription, reshaping, restoration, restructuring, resurrection, rethinking, retrospect, retrospection, revaluation, revampment, review, revisal, revise, revised edition, revising, revival, rewrite, rewriting, update, updating, version